Here we have some essays written on various woodworking and related topics. Most of them have to do with my approach to recreating period furniture, especially those made for the SCA. But, it also includes some How-To type stuff that I have developed or researched.
- Wood choice and approach
- Green vs. Dried Wood - Clues for which type of wood was used to make a given piece of furniture
- Hand vs. Machine Tools - Yes hand tools can be as fast as machine tools, if you are a pro
- A Short History of Nails - Grew out of rabbit hole research during the ambry project
- Medieval Reconstruction and the Modern Aesthetic - Choices you make when reconstructing period (any period) furniture
- Finishing - Notes on finishing projects in a dusty shop
- Cleaning & Restoring old woodworking tools
- Preservation Bias - was all the furniture in England made of oak?