Sausage Cheese Pie
From Wayne's Dusty Box of Words
It's a cheese pie, it's awesome.
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- 1 lb Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup green peppers, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1½ cups shreaded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Brown and drain sausage
- Cook onions and peppers in the drippings.
- Combine sausage, onion, cheese, flour, and parsley flakes and mix well.
- Put into pie shell.
- Beat milk, eggs, and spices together and pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees
- Pre-cook the pie shell for 5-10 minutes so it doesn't get soggy
- Use a deep pie crust
- Place a tray under the rack the pie is baked on to catch drippings